Skip to main content

Use specified ids for wordpress search and ignore original search query

I'm working on a wordpress ecommerce website in which the user can search for keywords, and products are returned to the user. However, wordpress's default search is super slow, so I'm using a custom endpoint to return ids of products. Using these ids, I need to simply tell Wordpress to forget its current query and just display those post ids. This feels like something that should be extremely simple, but I've been pulling my hair out for hours to try and get this working.

I've tried several things, for example modifying the search query and setting 'post__in' to the array of post ids, but this doesn't work because this still requires wordpress to run it's full query before checking if the query values contain those ids. I need the wordpress query to completely be overwritten. So, I've tried adding a new WP_Query inside of a 'pre_get_posts' with 'post__in' in the query args and returning that query instead of the original, but that also doesn't work.

I've also tried unsetting the 's' variable for both query and query_vars as well as setting is_search to false, but that definitely didn't work. I even tried using 'query_posts' hook to try and modify the sql directly, but this proved to have the same problem as another attempt above. The query still had to run first, and that's part of the problem.

There was a similar question asked here, but no answer was ever given. https://wordpress.org/support/topic/override-pre_get_posts-to-give-specific-ids-to-fetch/ This sounds almost identical to what I'm attempting to do, so it's unfortunate that the post got closed.

Perhaps 'pre_get_posts' in the functions.php file isn't the right way to go, but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

The site this is for is also using woocommerce. Also, I'm pretty new to Wordpress, so this may very well be something simple that I'm missing.

I just found this https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36687#no0 that may lead me in the right direction. I'm still testing it, but hopefully it's what I needed.



source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68550191/use-specified-ids-for-wordpress-search-and-ignore-original-search-query

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console