Skip to main content

How do you convert a 32bit RGB png with encoded height values to 16 bit png using browser side javascript?

I am trying to create a 16bit heightmap png from a 32bit Rgb encoded height value png.

According to mapbox I can decode their png pixel values to height values in meters with this formula. height = -10000 + ((R * 256 * 256 + G * 256 + B) * 0.1)

I am new to understanding this type of information and have tried to figure it out myself but I need some help.

I found this program called image-js, docs for this program are here . Note I am using this in the browser not with node.

I think it has the abilities that I need. However, I am really not sure how to get the data from the original image and create a new 16bit png with the new height values calculated from the above formula.

If you look in the docs under image I can set many properties such as

bitDepth and set that to 16

getPixelsArray() this function will give me an array of pixels values in the form of r,g,b. I think I can then run each pixel through the above formula to get the height. After that how do I turn this height data back into a 16bit grayscale heightmap png?

Thanks!

Example images. 32bit Rgb encoded height value png enter image description here

16 bit heightmap png. You have to zoom in to see the image changes enter image description here

Update:

Thanks to traktor for the suggestion. I wanted to add some information to my question.

I don't necessarily need to use image-js. My main goal is to get a 16 bit heightmap from a 32 bit RGB. So any other browser side javscript method would be fine. I also am using browser side createWritable(); stream to write file to disk.

I have a method used from this nice module https://github.com/colkassad/terrain-rgb-height however I cannot get the browser side version of pngjs to work correctly. I think there is a difference between browser side stream reader/writers and node reader/writers that make it not work.

Thanks!

Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console