Skip to main content

Arguments for Node child_process "spawn()"

Using child_process (spawn) to open a new BASH terminal and execute the commands in each file.

I want to add all of my .sh files, that I'm going to spawn, into a folder to clean up my project directory.

PROBLEM: I can't figure out how to change the directory the scripts run from, and the docs are a little to heavy for me at this point.

SIMPLE TEST EXAMPLE, WITH MY FIRST TWO FILES FOR CONNECTING (each .sh file would be in the project folder):

    const { spawn } = require('node:child_process');

    const bat = spawn('cmd.exe', ['/c', 'connect.sh']);

/*
    <connect.sh> // 1st .sh file
    #!/usr/bin/env bash  //to make it bash
    HTTP_PORT=3002 P2P_PORT=5002 PEERS=ws://localhost:5001 npm run dev

    <connect1.sh> // 2nd .sh file
    #!/usr/bin/env bash   //to make it bash
    HTTP_PORT=3003 P2P_PORT=5003 PEERS=ws://localhost:5002,ws://localhost:5001 npm run dev
*/

I have 9 of these files to connect up to 10 peers. And I would like to put them in a folder to simplify my project structure.

This is my actual API call below.... // Uses length to determine which file to run

     app.post("/peers/connect", async function (req, res) {
      const peerInfo = await peers.info();
      // no peers yet
      if (typeof peerInfo === "string") {
        let bat = spawn("cmd.exe", ["/c", "connect.sh"]);
        res.json("A new terminal has opened! You are now connected!");
      } else { 
        // peers exist
        let length = peerInfo.peers;
        // console.log(length);
        let bat = spawn("cmd.exe", ["/c", `connect${length}.sh`]);
        res.json("A new terminal has opened! You are now connected!");
      }
    });

My file structure here...you can see why I want a folder for these!

My file structure

RECAP: Help my put all of these files into a folder (shellScripts) and have the code still work :) Thanks! (just realized we might have to cd back into project folder before "npm run dev" in each file?)

Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2HwmLzr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console