Skip to main content

Processing Data from an MQTT stream using Paho-MQTT

I have a microcontroller that is streaming data to a MQTT broker and also a python script using the Paho-MQTT package to subscribe to the topic that my microcontroller is publishing to. In all of the examples that I see with Paho-MQTT the script is constantly looping the client as seen below:

def subscribe(client: mqtt_client):
    def on_message(client, userdata, msg):
        messageQueue = msg.payload.decode()
        print(messageQueue)

    client.subscribe(topic)
    client.on_message = on_message


def run():
    client = connect_mqtt()
    subscribe(client)
    client.loop_forever()

run()

The problem that I'm running into is that I need to actually process the data that is being sent and since loop_forever is a blocking process, I can't ever break through to do anything with the data. I've looked into multi-threading since it seemed like that would allow me to run both the MQTT client and the processing simultaneously, but it seems like there is no way to transfer variables between threads. Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or how should I manage this?

Thanks in Advance!

I've looked into multi-threading since it seemed like that would allow me to run both the MQTT client and the processing simultaneously, but it seems like there is no way to transfer variables between threads. I've also tried stopping the loop to process and then restarting the loop but that also hasn't worked in that it never gets to the parts of my code where I process the data, it just forever is listening.



source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75138936/processing-data-from-an-mqtt-stream-using-paho-mqtt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console