Skip to main content

Unexpected Characters During Reading a WAVE File

I've started to design an audio signal analyser and at first, I wanted to start from the basics. One of those first steps is to plot audio samples versus time.

I've written the code below to show whole data inside (both file format and audio data) a voice recording of a WAVE file. That 5-second long audio file is created by using 44.1 kHz of sampling frequency, 16-bit integers to represent samples, 1024 frames and two channels (i.e., stereo).

import sys
import wave
import pyaudio

with wave.open("Recording-1.wav", "rb") as file:

    f = pyaudio.PyAudio();

    FRAMES = 1024;                             # Frames are used to fit in them file information without loading up all of them onto a single variable and possibly exceeding a pre-specified memory allocation of it.

    whole_data = wf.readframes(FRAMES);

    print(whole_data);

    wf.close();

After running the script, I've gathered an output which includes characters in hexadecimal numbers that I don't expect to see. For example, near the end of the output (I assume that the raw audio data is shown there.), I see \x00q which contradicts both the representation of hex numbers and samples.

I've tried to compare possible WAVE file header chunk values to them near the beginning of the output (again, assuming that the output is sorted in that way), but I couldn't figure out an explanation. I was expecting to see, for example, \x1B inside the raw audio data section of the data chunk.

Why does it occur?



source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75248451/unexpected-characters-during-reading-a-wave-file

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console