Skip to main content

Getting text attributes from different elements on a website using Python

I am attempting to scrape text from different elements within a website. I have had no luck scraping any text so far. attached is the HTML and a picture of the exact elements I would like to extract from the website. I want to scrape the date/time, the name of the teams "Juventus - AC Milan", and the odds. I am not asking for it to be done for me I just don't know why my code isn't getting text from the buttons.

HTML

Website

I'm using urllib3 and beautifulsoup4. I got the header from a forum and just changed the chrome version to mine. How do I know what needs to be inside my header? Attached is the code I have tried:

import urllib3
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

url = "https://beta.goal3.xyz/sports/soccer"

# Define the headers
headers = {
    'User-Agent': 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.5672.127 Safari/537.11',
    'Accept': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8',
    'Accept-Charset': 'ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3',
    'Accept-Encoding': 'none',
    'Accept-Language': 'en-US,en;q=0.8',
    'Connection': 'keep-alive'
}

# Create an instance of the PoolManager with the specified headers
http = urllib3.PoolManager(headers=headers)

# Send a GET request to the website
response = http.request('GET', url)

# Check if the request was successful
if response.status == 200:
    # Parse the HTML content using BeautifulSoup
    soup = BeautifulSoup(response.data, 'html.parser')

    # Find the element with the specified tag and class
    element = soup.find('div', class_='flex justify-between flex-1 w-full')

    if element:
        # Locate the elements with the specified tag and class within the found element
        buttons = element.find_all('button', class_='group outcome')

        # Iterate over the found elements and print the text attribute of the span tags
        for button in buttons:
            span = button.find('span')
            if span:
                print(span.text)
    else:
        print("Element not found.")
else:
    print("Failed to retrieve the website content.")



source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76359803/getting-text-attributes-from-different-elements-on-a-website-using-python

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console