Skip to main content

Is my for-loop that iterates through a list of strings and function correct? [closed]

I am trying to iterate through a data frame that has these columns as the names. Is this correct? For context, The lists above are the column names, and the newel_var is the new columns I am creating as a result. This is what I Have

#Difference between home and away variabls to also help visualize and create
#curvefit lines #must create columns in data frame that include these 

stats_by_yr.keys()

##lists holding the column names for each column based on home or away

home_var = [ "PTS_home","FG_PCT_home", 'FT_PCT_home',
                'FG3_PCT_home', 'AST_home', 'REB_home', "HOME_WIN_PCT" ]
away_var = [ "PTS_away","FG_PCT_away", 'FT_PCT_away',
                'FG3_PCT_away', 'AST_away', 'REB_away', "AWAY_WIN_PCT"]
newcol_var = ["PTS_dif","FG_PCT_dif", 'FT_PCT_dif',
                'FG3_PCT_dif', 'AST_dif', 'REB_dif', "WIN_PCT_dif"] #new columns i will integrate into my original dataset

for i in newcol_var:
    home = home_var[newcol_var.index(i)]
    away = away_var[newcol_var.index(i)]
    
    def dif(newcol, home, away):
        stats_by_yr[newcol] = stats_by_yr[home]-stats_by_yr[away]
        return 
    
    dif(i, home, away)
    
differences = stats_by_yr[newcol_var]
stats_by_yr["SEASON"] = range(2003,2022,1)
stats_by_yr

For reference, "stats_by_yr" is the data frame I am Using that contains the column names and observations under those names. It is a Pandas data frame. I Get the result I want that being 7 new columns containing the newcol_var and their respective values, but my code looked a bit wrong. Here is my cleaned data frame if anyone can hekp



source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72020597/is-my-for-loop-that-iterates-through-a-list-of-strings-and-function-correct

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prop `className` did not match in next js app

I have written a sample code ( Github Link here ). this is a simple next js app, but giving me error when I refresh the page. This seems to be the common problem and I tried the fix provided in the internet but does not seem to fix my issue. The error is Warning: Prop className did not match. Server: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-1" Client: "MuiBox-root MuiBox-root-2". Did changes for _document.js, modified _app.js as mentioned in official website and solutions in stackoverflow. but nothing seems to work. Could someone take a look and help me whats wrong with the code? Via Active questions tagged javascript - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2FdjaAW

How to show number of registered users in Laravel based on usertype?

i'm trying to display data from the database in the admin dashboard i used this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count(); echo $users; ?> and i have successfully get the correct data from the database but what if i want to display a specific data for example in this user table there is "usertype" that specify if the user is normal user or admin i want to user the same code above but to display a specific usertype i tried this: <?php use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB; $users = DB::table('users')->count()->WHERE usertype =admin; echo $users; ?> but it didn't work, what am i doing wrong? source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68199726/how-to-show-number-of-registered-users-in-laravel-based-on-usertype

Why is my reports service not connecting?

I am trying to pull some data from a Postgres database using Node.js and node-postures but I can't figure out why my service isn't connecting. my routes/index.js file: const express = require('express'); const router = express.Router(); const ordersCountController = require('../controllers/ordersCountController'); const ordersController = require('../controllers/ordersController'); const weeklyReportsController = require('../controllers/weeklyReportsController'); router.get('/orders_count', ordersCountController); router.get('/orders', ordersController); router.get('/weekly_reports', weeklyReportsController); module.exports = router; My controllers/weeklyReportsController.js file: const weeklyReportsService = require('../services/weeklyReportsService'); const weeklyReportsController = async (req, res) => { try { const data = await weeklyReportsService; res.json({data}) console